Who run the World? (GIRLS!)

Today is International Women's Day and its also International Women's Month and its a particularly standout one for me. 
The day has been observed since 1909, people all over the world take the time to celebrate Women. Let's face it, Women should be celebrated EVERY DAY but the fact that the day exists makes me happy + proud nonetheless. It's a standout one for me this year, it's maybe the first year where I have really taken the time to look around and find myself in awe of the extraordinary Women that surround me day in, day out. 


I spend a lot of time focusing in on the details of my life/the details of each day, my interactions and people I surround myself with. I strive to find the positive in all this and over the past few months, I have really focused on the Women around me. I can tell you (and very proudly so) that whether its my friends, family members or colleagues, I am incredibly fortunate to know a whole bunch of fantastic gals. I mean they inspire, they care, they work hard and they balance every element of life with so much grace that is warms my heart. I also find myself admiring strangers, Women I'll never know, women I just pass by or say 'how you doing!' to while I swing by a street or corridor and they just exist making life happen for THEMSELVES. I have read so many enlightening, amazing, COOL stories from around the world today and I am gonna share a few with you:






Whether its our Mothers, Sisters. Wives, Daughters or anyone that inspires you, tell them today. Just take a moment to tell them that you have seen everything they do and how hard they work and how much you love them. Take whatever opportunity you can to do this but if you haven't in a while or a certain name came to your mind while reading this - call them. Sometimes all the work Women put in to making life happen goes unnoticed, I know so many INCREDIBLE Women and they strive to be the best partners, best Mothers, best friends, best daughters, best sisters! THEY ARE. They should be told more often. I know you know someone who's the best thing that's ever happened and today's just a reminder to remind them that they are absolutely, undoubtedly, unquestionably AWESOME.


May we know them, raise them, be them.

All the best,
U x

Comments

Popular Posts